Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Monetizing my blog

I am no expert  but everybody seems to be doing it so here goes. Plug in a product name and you'll be linked directly to Amazon. I am a big time Amazon user and it's almost as indispensable to me as Google. I use Amazon mostly for books and audios but I'm moving my life to the Frugal Zone what with Obama-care looming in our future. (Now you know my politics but I can't help feeling like we're going to hell in a handbasket and we're going there fast.)

Oh and another kick I'm on. I experimented with my Mrs. Fields cookie recipe last night and substitued half of the butter with blueberry and spinach puree, added a scoop of flax, and mix my flour with half whole wheat and half white.  I also made only a half recipe.

MRS. FIELDS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 
2 c. butter (half blueberry/spinach puree)
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar
4 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
3 c. oat bran (I used oatmeal)
5 c. flour (less 1 scoop and I added 1 scoop ground flax)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
Add last: 2 (12 oz.) pkg. milk chocolate chips
Cream first 5 ingredients until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are blended. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-12 minutes. Do not overbake.


Phil and Daysa were gone last night so I tested them on the neighbor kids and I got RAVE reviews. They all said they loved them and I should make more. Try it and tell me what you think.

P.S. The cookies do have a green tint to them.

No comments:

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015