Chocolate Chip-Pretzel Cookies
minutes for a soft and chewy cookie or up to 14 minutes for a crisp
1/2 whole wheat 1/2 white flour
Refrigerate the dough without the add-ins for AT LEAST 30 minutes
1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
What I've learned in my YEARS of cookie baking experience:
1. Don't over beat! Other than the sugar and eggs creaming, try to do as much mixing by hand as possible.
2. Let the butter sit out overnight to soften.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12-oz.) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzel sticks
- Parchment paper
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Fold in morsels and pretzel sticks just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.Bake 10 minutes for a soft and chewy cookie or up to 14 minutes for a crisp cookie. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).