Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Friday, April 18, 2014

Book 7 towards my goal

The ExpatsThe Expats by Chris Pavone

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I agree with all of the other reviewers of this book--from the five stars to the one star. This book kept my attention although there were some holes and problems, the story itself kept me involved. I liked the characters. I liked Kate. My biggest complaint was that the children seemed to be more like pets. It was easy to set them aside, hire a babysitter, and eventually send them to boarding school--there was simply no depth to the children. I also felt like the occasional more steamy sex scenes were thrown in after the book was written---like an editor said "we need to add some entertainment value, we need to spice up their lives." Stupid.

But I liked the idea of the mom as spy and the cyber banking and security was interesting.

I read this on a trip to London and it filled the airplane time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015