Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Monday, June 07, 2010

ARC #2

 The American Painter Emma Dial: A Novel by Samantha Peale

View all my reviews >>



My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Just didn't love it. I can't (and don't want to) relate to Emma. But I do want to broaden my horizons and understand or see how others live and work and so I finished the book.

I can relate to doing what you're passionate about but I don't understand a life dedicated solely to pursuing only one vision to the exclusion of family and security--but that's what makes an artist an artist and I'm not an artist. I'm a regular people--one of the regular people that make the world go round while artists inspire and help us see the world differently.

I don't think I'll be a fan on the HBO series in consideration.

I'm giving the book away. The first one to respond can have it.

No comments:

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015