Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Monday, August 09, 2010

ARC #4

  RoomRoom by Emma Donoghue

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I put off reading this book Room: A Novel since I knew what the premise of it is but finally I needed a book to read and so I dove in and now I'm glad I waited so I could thoroughly savor it.

I wavered back and forth on whether or not to give this 4 or 5 stars and then I realized that this book definitely passes my acid test. I didn't read this all at one sitting--it took me a week to get through this book but it's because it was uncomfortable and awkward and painful and poignant and beautifully written.

I found myself thinking about Jack and Ma at random times throughout the week. I thought about what I would do, what Ma should do, what's going to happen when Jack grows up.

I highly recommend this book. It would be a fabulous book club book because of the discussions it would invoke. And I predict that this book will be made into a movie.

Read it and if you disagree, I'd love to talk about it just because that's the kind of book this is. It will create discussions.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Okie said...

Nice review. The description is intriguing. It sounds like it certainly could be a difficult read at times but also very thought provoking and interesting.

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015