Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sweet ToothSweet Tooth by Ian McEwan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm still deciding if this was brilliant or if this manipulated me--which may be a good sign either way. I liked this a lot--not loved but liked. 

I did enjoy the subplots in this story. I believe the book would have been better had it been 20-30 pages shorter BUT I will go back through this book and highlight all the names and books and events and WORDS that I should know.

I shouldn't have been surprised at the end because the author gave me clues all along but I was surprised and I was surprised that I was caught off guard and yet I still am wondering about reader manipulation. That said, I really liked the ending. Totally a book of contradictions.

P.S. This book will not be released until November 2012.



View all my reviews

No comments:

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015