Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Children's Book Review--Sneaky Sheep

I'm always on the lookout for colorful and cheery children's books to give as gifts to Phil's grandchildren and to supply my library when they come to visit. The title of this book really caught my eye. I loved the cover and the title--very catching. The illustrations were fun and colorful and the humor is appealing to both kids and adults but I have to admit I didn't like the message.

It seems to me that we should encourage our children to seek out new things and the Sneaky Sheep wanted to do that but Murphy told them to never leave the meadow. Now I understand you want to explain life's dangers to children so they don't do anything stupid but more importantly I think it's our role to encourage children to look outside their comfort zone and try new things (food, friends, games) and visit new places.
This book is perfect for the child who keeps wandering off but it is not a good message for the nervous and shy child.

Love the pictures, didn't care for the message. I give this two stars our of four.

No comments:

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015