Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Monday, June 08, 2015

The Sound of Glass--2015 Challenge

The Sound of GlassThe Sound of Glass by Karen   White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I give this a B grade. I do like how this book has three stories entertwined--a story from the past and two current stories. This book was a good roundtrip airplane read. The writing flows well.

I don't like feeling like a story is TOO manipulated. I mean really, a suitcase falls in the garden of a family experiencing the same kind of family trauma as the person the suitcase belongs to? And the back story of Cal was just too funky.

But I liked the characters Merritt, Gibbes, Owen, and Loralee (I can't even remember her name as I write this).

Last point: by the end of the book though I felt like I didn't need to finish it because I knew the ending. And there are no surprises--it ends just as you suspect it will.


View all my reviews

No comments:

My Family

My Family
Christmas in OH

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Harvest 2015